Associate Product Manager (Intern)
Ensure the product meets our users needs
We usually respond within three days
- Based in: Paris (we have a full-remote policy, so we'll be open if you want to work from home sometimes)
- Contract: Internship
- Manager: Dounia (Senior Product Manager)
- Team: Product & Design
- Start date: from March 2023
- Duration: at least 6 months
- Budget: 1 000€ per month
Shipup is a 60+ people company that envisions a world where brands keep their promises along the entire customer journey.
That's why we enable brands to take control over the most volatile part of the customer experience —the post-purchase— so they increase brand loyalty and save support costs
We’re looking for our Associate Product Manager to help us create the best product for our users.
Our promise : as an intern, you'll gain valuable insight into the startup environment, including the roles and interactions of different positions. You'll get a close look at the processes and organization of the Product & Tech teams. You'll also have responsibilities and projects that will give you a great foundation for your career.
3 reasons to believe us
- Our product team is small, so we will need you to be autonomous and take your responsibilities.
- The product team is at the heart of the company, they interact with all departments on different topics. You'll have the opportunity to discover the challenges of each department.
- Our core values matter to us. You will be in a caring environment where people will be happy to help you. On the other hand, we will expect you to be invested in your projects, always seeing bigger and taking action without direction.
🛍 As an Associate Product Manager @Shipup
Your main role will be to help our product managers in their current initiatives. You will be part of the Product rituals and have a 360 overview on all ongoing projects.
You'll have a key role where we'll expect you to perform research tasks, analyze the data, manage the carrier integration process and maintain our documentation.
You will also have the opportunity to have your own quarter initiatives, taking the scope of a PM from A to Z.
- Perform competitor benchmark, market research and summarize findings
- Research relevant customers for ongoing initiatives
- Be part of some user interviews
- Analyze Shipup’s usage using our analytics tools
- Research business data in our CRM tools
- Monitor, aggregate and analyze internal insights collected
Carriers integrations (and potentially feature projects)
- Oversee and manage carriers integrations requests
- Handle the relationship with carriers if needed
- Monitor the development and communicate on new carriers available (or feature)
- Follow-up integration (feature)
- Write specifications for features and manage relationship with the tech rep and CS rep (supervised by one PM)
- Create and maintain documentation for new features
- Draft marketing feature release messages
🙌 Our team
You’ll join our Product & Design team led by Léa (Product Director) :
- 2 product managers
Engineering team : 9 advanced/senior developers and 1 VP Engineering
Project management : SCRUM sprints of 2 weeks (daily, planning, retro, grooming…)
👩💻 Our stack
🌟 What you have...
You could be a good fit if
- Project management: you know how to coordinate several projects at the same time and prioritize by urgency and importance
- Problem-solving: you obsess with coming up with the best possible solutions to a specific problem
- Autonomy: you are able to make your own decisions about what to do rather than being influenced by someone else or told what to do.
- Analytical skills: you understand relevant KPIs and know how to extract useful information
- English skills : you have excellent english communication skills to engage with all team members and international clients
- Affinity with tech products
- Technical knowledge
👐 What you'll get...
💥 Impact and missions: interns have a lot of responsibility and autonomy at Shipup. You'll have a first significant experience to show to your school and to the next interviews.
🌍 International environment: we acknowledge our differences and celebrate them. D&I in our place of work is something we require every employee to champion.
🧸People-centric company: our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup. Our employees talk about it here.
🤩 Renovated office: stylish office located in the heart of Paris (🚉 75010)
💻 High-quality equipment: latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
☎️ (30 min) Screening call with Léa, our Product Director
To better understand your research and verify your skills
👀 (60 min) Focused interview with Dounia, one of our Product Managers
To understand how you manage a project, solve a problem, evaluate your analytical and communication skills. Including a 15 min live exercice.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Shipup is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Product & Design
- Product Manager
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Monthly salary
- Employment type
✨ Our perks
Team Building and Seminar
We offer each Shipup team one group activity per month (on a voluntary basis). Some examples of activities: escape game, ping pong, axe throwing, or karaoke 🎤 !
Shipup also offers each team an offsite to various destinations like Arcachon or Sevilla once a year. Activities include workshops, city tours, restaurants, activities...
Lunches and after work with colleagues
ShipUp plans lunches in restaurants every two weeks and one after work a month to enjoy good times together🍝🍣 .
Shipup organises at least one offsite per year to meet the whole Shipup team (Paris and New York offices and full remote employees included) in other, more exotic destinations: Marrakech, Sicily and many others to come 🎉 .
Work from home
Being able to work from everywhere you want three days (of your choice) per week💻 .
It is also possible for New York employees to come work in the Paris office as they would normally, and vice versa.
🔍 What are we looking for?
Shipup is looking for new talents who can work autonomously and want to be the master of their craft - from A to Z.
Shipup greatly values inventive candidates who are not afraid of the day to day of a start-up or jostled by ever present surprises and challenges.
We envision a world where brands keep their promises along the entire customer journey. That's why we enable brands to take control over the most volatile part of the customer experience —the post-purchase— so they increase brand loyalty and save support costs.
Behind this vision, all our coworkers share five core values: ownership, initiative, empowerment, caring, and ambition. These values guide us in our day-to-day decisions, actions, and company culture.
Beyond these five values, Shipup has always wanted to create a multicultural team where each talent has his own mindset that allows us to develop varied and creative ideas.
Multicultural collaboration also allows everyone to cultivate valuable qualities such as empathy, tolerance, and open-mindedness.
Associate Product Manager (Intern)
Ensure the product meets our users needs
Loading application form
Already working at Shipup?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.