Shipup is a 50+ people company that envisions a world where brands keep their promises along the entire customer journey.
That's why we enable brands to take control over the most volatile part of the customer experience —the post-purchase— so they increase brand loyalty and save support costs
Our company culture & values
- ✊ Ownership
Taking ownership means feeling completely responsible for our goals — and this is something all of Shipup adheres to! We believe that every single one of us needs to feel accountable for the results of our work. This creates a state of complete trust in each other.
- 💡 Initiative
Our teams’ are founded on pushing each other to take initiative. Today, we constantly take action without being told what to do and come up with solutions to problems!
- 👨👦 Empowerment
We truly want all of our employees to succeed. Thus, we provide everything and anything they need to thrive! We also encourage everyone to take action and more importantly, we support them if they make mistakes.
- 🧸 Caring
One of Shipup's priorities is to impose a culture of care on a daily basis. We not only care about our co-workers, but we deeply care for our customers and the customers of our customers! Our whole product is based on how much a company cares for its clients, and we love it!
- 🏋️ Ambition
Our team always sees the bigger picture! We have a strong desire and determination to succeed
Our People Director, based in Europe, will be one of the company's main strategic profiles by representing the people department (office, HR, and hiring).
Your main mission will be to maintain a great place to work (very proud of our 5-stars Glassdoor profile) & a motivated team, committed to Shipup’s ambitious vision.
Our company is currently facing two main strategic challenges: a recent acquisition by GlobalBlue and our new flexible remote policy. That's where you come in.
- Company culture: we defined our core values when we were only 15 employees, now that we are almost 60, they need to be redefined and reinforced.
- Talent development and retention: our average seniority is increasing, as are our employees’ expectations, so we want to make our employees’ value propositions evolve.
- Talent acquisition: as we are defining new business objectives, we’ll need to define and manage a new ambitious hiring roadmap to answer business needs.
- Internationalization: we already opened our US office and we redefined our remote policy, so we’re hiring more and more international talents.
Our current team members
You’ll structure the entire department. For now, here are the profiles you’ll manage:
- Angélique & Quentin: 2 Talent Acquisition Managers (Business & Tech/Product)
- Ophélie, our HR Manager
- Claire, our Office Manager
As a People Director @Shipup, you will have an impact on:
The whole company
- Participate in the development of Shipup’s strategy.
- Challenge Shipup’s department organizational structure considering our recent internationalization.
- Support our department leaders in building a strong talent development and retention strategy by overseeing career development, promotion, training, and leadership development.
- Collaborate with the Finance team and managers to regularly review the structure of our overall compensation and benefits strategy (including bonus programs, benchmarking, and annual review strategy).
- Act as the guardian of our core values.
- Preserve our strong culture across countries and offices.
- Foster a growth-oriented and motivating culture.
- Help improve our hiring process (+20 open positions for 2023).
- Empower managers on hiring topics.
- Build a strong employer brand.
- Define recruitment metrics to increase hiring efficiency.
- Onboarding: Build delightful and scalable newcomers experience to ensure employee success from day 1 at the company.
- Offboarding: Establish a caring, transparent, and efficient process.
- Ensure compliance for all administrative topics: payroll, legal, contracts, etc.
Your team management
- Get the team on board with your people vision.
- Help your team grow and develop.
- Provide a data-driven approach.
- 7+ years of experience in a people-focused role, including experience with workforces in EMEA and North America.
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role in an international high-growth startup.
- Experience in building, hiring, and training HR and TAM teams.
- Experience in developing and leading structural and strategic projects.
- You’re analytical and will take a data and process-driven approach when building the People organization.
- You are collaborative and have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are able to interact with the highest level of leadership.
- You’re fluent in English when it comes to speaking as well as writing.
Our hiring process is structured to avoid bias and ensure fair assessment of all our candidates.
- (45 min) Screening call interview with Manon, our Chief of Staff
- (02h) Technical interview with our Romain, our CEO and co-founder and Olivier, our Lead of Finance
- (02h) Meeting with the current team
- (03h) Fit interview
What you’ll get…
🌍 International: we acknowledge our differences and celebrate them. D&I in our place of work is something we require every employee to champion.
🧸 People-centric company: our people matter, and work-life balance is important at Shipup. Our employees talk about it here.
🗃 Startup spirit & the structured environment: a fast-paced environment, where there is a lot to learn but, at the same time, you are in a mature, organized environment with a clear product vision.
💰Attractive salary: salary, multiple benefits (meal vouchers, coffees, transportation, health insurance…), sponsorship, relocation package, internal events, and offsites
🚀 Growth: In 3 years, you will be able to say: “I was there when it was only 50 of us”. Join us at a magical time: Shipup’s been exponentially growing in the past few months.
💻 High-quality equipment: latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Shipup is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Head of People
✨ Our perks
Team Building and Seminar
We offer each Shipup team one group activity per month (on a voluntary basis). Some examples of activities: escape game, ping pong, axe throwing, or karaoke 🎤 !
Shipup also offers each team an offsite to various destinations like Arcachon or Sevilla once a year. Activities include workshops, city tours, restaurants, activities...
Lunches and after work with colleagues
ShipUp plans lunches in restaurants every two weeks and one after work a month to enjoy good times together🍝🍣 .
Shipup organises at least one offsite per year to meet the whole Shipup team (Paris and New York offices and full remote employees included) in other, more exotic destinations: Marrakech, Sicily and many others to come 🎉 .
Work from home
Being able to work from everywhere you want three days (of your choice) per week💻 .
It is also possible for New York employees to come work in the Paris office as they would normally, and vice versa.
🔍 What are we looking for?
Shipup is looking for new talents who can work autonomously and want to be the master of their craft - from A to Z.
Shipup greatly values inventive candidates who are not afraid of the day to day of a start-up or jostled by ever present surprises and challenges.
We envision a world where brands keep their promises along the entire customer journey. That's why we enable brands to take control over the most volatile part of the customer experience —the post-purchase— so they increase brand loyalty and save support costs.
Behind this vision, all our coworkers share five core values: ownership, initiative, empowerment, caring, and ambition. These values guide us in our day-to-day decisions, actions, and company culture.
Beyond these five values, Shipup has always wanted to create a multicultural team where each talent has his own mindset that allows us to develop varied and creative ideas.
Multicultural collaboration also allows everyone to cultivate valuable qualities such as empathy, tolerance, and open-mindedness.
Loading application form
Already working at Shipup?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.