Product Designer (Senior)
Build the best possible experience for our users
We usually respond within three days
- Based in : Paris or full-remote position (1-hour difference from Paris timezone)
- Contract : Full-time permanent contract
- Manager : Matteo, Lead Product Designer
- Team : Product & Design
- Salary : between 60 and 70k€
Shipup is a 55+ people company that envisions a world where brands keep their promises along the entire customer journey.
That's why we enable brands to take control over the most volatile part of the customer experience —the post-purchase— so they increase brand loyalty and save support costs.
Our company culture & values
- ✊ Ownership
We choose to be here and to do what we do. We are responsible for our objectives and for the output of our work.
- 💡 Initiative
Taking action without direction from above to improve our knowledge and come up with solutions to problems. Initiative is a key reason for success, and places an obligation not to stifle it.
- 👨👦 Empowerment
We encourage those below us to take action and support them if they make mistakes. We explain what we want accomplished and allow flexibility in how it is accomplished.
- 🧸 Caring
Being concerned about our co workers, our customers and the customers of our customers.
- 🏋️ Ambition
Always seeing bigger and having a strong desire and determination to succeed.
We’re looking for our second Product Designer to help us create the best product for our users.
Our promise : You will have a lot of responsibility, autonomy and many things to build or implement.
3 reasons to believe us :
- Our Lead Product Designer is looking for people he can rely on (ownership, initiative, ambition…)
- Our weaknesses are in research, metrics and data analysis where you’ll be the bearer of these subjects
- Our product designer needs someone who can implement the right processes and practices to carry out projects
🛍 As a Senior Product Designer @Shipup,
- Partner closely with our Tech and Product teams to plan and scope our product roadmap
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution
- Test what you crafted to learn from our customers
- Help us improve our existing set of features by finding key areas of improvement
- Improve our new design system recently deployed and help us to make it grow
- Implement the best practices & processes (from user research to implementation)
- Spread the design culture within the teams
🙌 Our team
You’ll join our Product & Design team led by Léa (our CPTO), Dounia (Lead PM) and Matteo (Lead Product Designer).
Engineering team : 8 advanced/senior developers, 1 Data Engineer/Analyst, 1 VP of Engineering and 1 Head of Technology
Project management : SCRUM sprints of 2 weeks (daily, planning, retro, grooming…)
Our technical platform is divided into two squads :
- Online-shopper perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that are directly dedicated to end-customers. Squad members will focus on features for which the benefits are mainly perceived by / or directed towards the latter.
- Merchant perceived value : this squad has the ownership of all features that benefit directly the Merchants. Squad members will focus on providing our merchant’s operations and CS teams with the tools and resources they need to be successful.
👩💻 Our Stack
- Slack, messaging platform
- Notion, collaboration platform
- PayFit, payroll & compliance for french talents
- Lattice, people success platform
- Deel, payroll & compliance for talents based outside of France
What you have...
You could be a good fit if
- You’ve worked for at least 4 years in product design (from user research to implementation)
- You can untangle hard conceptual problems and have sharp intuition for how people use (or wish they could use) products (UX).
- You care about the business needs, implications, and possibilities of your designs. You don’t get stuck on pretty UI, and can balance between craft, speed and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You’re a good listener who likes to collaborate.
- You can create pixel-perfect visual designs (UI)
Nice to have
- You already have a significant experience on a B2B or B2C SaaS product
What you'll get...
💪 Strong impact : you will be one of the main players in our product and design roadmap !
🌍 International: we acknowledge our differences and celebrate them. D&I in our place of work is something we require every employee to champion.
🧸 People-centric company: our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup. Our employees talk about it here.
🗃 Startup spirit & structured environment: a fast-paced environment, where there is a lot to learn but, at the same time, you are in a mature, organized environment with a clear product vision
📚 Career growth: talent management is essential for us. From onboarding and performance management to career development, we have already a mature organization and the managers to help you grow
🧠 Seniority: our team is mostly composed of senior talents, ideal for learning and growing quickly
Our hiring process is structured to avoid bias and ensure a fair assessment of all our candidates.
Our interviews are suited to our flex remote policy, it means you can choose whether you want to attend them on-site or remotely.
☎️ (45min) Screening call with Quentin, our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
☎️ (30min) Screening call with Léa, our CPTO
To better understand your product and design vision and answer any of your questions
👀 (01:30) Whiteboard challenge
To understand your approach to design and evaluate your analytical skills, methodology & communication
📄 (01:30) Top grading interview
To understand your work management and to project together
😂 (01:00) Fit interview
To ensure that you will be in line with our values and culture
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Shipup is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Product & Design
- Product Designer
- Paris office, Work from home (Africa), Work from home (Europe)
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Yearly salary
- €60,000 - €70,000
- Employment type
✨ Our perks
Team Building and Seminar
We offer each Shipup team one group activity per month (on a voluntary basis). Some examples of activities: escape game, ping pong, axe throwing, or karaoke 🎤 !
Shipup also offers each team an offsite to various destinations like Arcachon or Sevilla once a year. Activities include workshops, city tours, restaurants, activities...
Lunches and after work with colleagues
ShipUp plans lunches in restaurants every two weeks and one after work a month to enjoy good times together🍝🍣 .
Shipup organises at least one offsite per year to meet the whole Shipup team (Paris and New York offices and full remote employees included) in other, more exotic destinations: Marrakech, Sicily and many others to come 🎉 .
Work from home
Being able to work from everywhere you want three days (of your choice) per week💻 .
It is also possible for New York employees to come work in the Paris office as they would normally, and vice versa.
🔍 What are we looking for?
Shipup is looking for new talents who can work autonomously and want to be the master of their craft - from A to Z.
Shipup greatly values inventive candidates who are not afraid of the day to day of a start-up or jostled by ever present surprises and challenges.
We envision a world where brands keep their promises along the entire customer journey. That's why we enable brands to take control over the most volatile part of the customer experience —the post-purchase— so they increase brand loyalty and save support costs.
Behind this vision, all our coworkers share five core values: ownership, initiative, empowerment, caring, and ambition. These values guide us in our day-to-day decisions, actions, and company culture.
Beyond these five values, Shipup has always wanted to create a multicultural team where each talent has his own mindset that allows us to develop varied and creative ideas.
Multicultural collaboration also allows everyone to cultivate valuable qualities such as empathy, tolerance, and open-mindedness.
Product Designer (Senior)
Build the best possible experience for our users
Loading application form
Already working at Shipup?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.