Who are we ?
At Shipup, our mission is to create a seamless, proactive and branded post-purchase experience for online retailers. 🛍
If you are used to buying online, you probably already went though the exprience of losing your nerve for an order that encounters multiple incidents. For online retailers, a poor post-purchase experience is a costly nightmare : it drags down customer satisfaction, online reputation and repeat purchase rate while inflating the volume of complaints at customer support.
Shipup is a SaaS company that tracks in real time the orders and deliveries of online retailers in order to create a seamless, branded and reassuring post-purchase experience (proactive and live notifications, customized tracking pages, customer surveys at delivery…). Thanks to Shipup, ordering online is less stressful. Online shoppers are more satisfied, they complain less and buy again more.
The company has been created at the end of 2016 by Romain, Terence and Quentin : 3 co-founders from HEC Paris and Centrale Paris who used to work for Drivy (acquired by Getaround), Rocket Internet, Casper and Dashlane.
Shipup works with more than 500 brands in Europe and North America, some of which are very successful digitally native brands (Cheerz, Blissim, Withings, Feed., Le Petit Ballon, Respire, Aime, Na-Kd, Ssense, Ysé, A.P.C. …) while others are larger, more traditional accounts (Leclerc, Carrefour, Intermarché, Go Sport, Yves Rocher…).
June 30th 2020: Shipup announces a 6m€ series A in order to open an office in New York and recruit 45 people in the next 18 months.
We have decided to create this Product Director role whose main missions will be to be responsible for the product strategy and roadmap, lead the product & design teams in the delivery of this roadmap and share our product values inside and outside Shipup.
This Product Director will report directly to Quentin, our CTO/CPO and the founding team.
🛍 As a Product Director @Shipup, you will
- Refine Shipup's product vision and turn it into a measurable and actionable product roadmap
- Find the balance between strategic bets and shorter-term goals. Compromise on the best interests of our teams, our customers, and our growth strategy.
- Create a data-driven product culture by setting clear measurable product objectives and team KPIs
- Manage a team of 4 people : Product Managers and Product Designers. Help them grow in their position by providing guidance and mentoring
- Recruit the future members of this product & design team
- Be the voice of the product team. Ensure everyone at Shipup adheres to our roadmap and understands the rationales behind it. Foster cross-team synergies by being a great communication
🙌 Our team
- Our Product & design team is composed of 4 people : 2 Product Managers & 2 Product Designers
- Our Technical team is composed of 8 people : 1 VP of Engineering, 2 Lead Developers and 5 Advanced-Senior Developers
These teams are divided into two squads :
> Online-shopper perceived value : This squad has the ownership of all features that are directly dedicated to end-customers. Squad members will focus on features for which the benefits are mainly perceived by / or directed towards the latter.
> Merchant perceived value: This squad has the ownership of all features that benefit directly the Merchants. Squad members will focus on providing our merchant's operations and CS teams with the tools and resources they need to be successful.
👩💻 Our Product Stack
You could be a good fit if
- You already are a CPO, VP Product, Product Director, Head of Product, Lead Product Manager in a SaaS company
- You already manage Product Managers & Product Designers
- You have more than 5 years of experience in a product role
- You were responsible for the product roadmap in your previous positions and can demonstrate your impact on business goals
- You are a real team player and able to establish strong relationships with other teams at Shipup
- You are data-driven: you know how and what to measure
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, at least in English.
Nice to have
- You already faced an environment with similar challenges than Shipup : the scaling phase !
Our recruitment roadmap remains unchanged due to health conditions. On the opposite, we need more than ever resources to reach our ambitious objectives.
Here are the steps of our recruitment process :
- Screening call with Quentin, our Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
- Hiring manager interview with Quentin, our CTO / CPO & co-founder
To evaluate your hard skills and understand what is your product vision
- Case study
To evaluate your job-related skills
To evaluate your management skills
- Drinks or lunch with the team
To ensure that you will be in line with our values and culture
Why should you apply ? 👐
💰Attractive salary: salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal vouchers, coffees, transportation, health insurance…), sponsorship, relocation package, internal events and offsites
🌍 International: multicultural teams where everyone cares for one another (If you want to read what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! ✨)
🤩 New renovated office: stylish office located in the heart of Paris (🚉 75010)
🚀 Growth: In 3 years, you will be able to say: “I was there when it was only 40 of us”. Join us at a magical time: Shipup’s been exponentially growing in the past few months.
💻 High-quality equipment: latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
🧸People-centric company: our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup