Who we are ?
At Shipup, our mission is to create a seamless, proactive and branded post-purchase experience for online retailers. 🛍
If you are used to buying online, you probably already went though the exprience of losing your nerve for an order that encounters multiple incidents. For online retailers, a poor post-purchase experience is a costly nightmare : it drags down customer satisfaction, online reputation and repeat purchase rate while inflating the volume of complaints at customer support.
Shipup is a SaaS company that tracks in real time the orders and deliveries of online retailers in order to create a seamless, branded and reassuring post-purchase experience (proactive and live notifications, customized tracking pages, customer surveys at delivery…). Thanks to Shipup, ordering online is less stressful. Online shoppers are more satisfied, they complain less and buy again more.
The company has been created at the end of 2016 by Romain, Terence and Quentin : 3 co-founders from HEC Paris and Centrale Paris who used to work for Drivy (acquired by Getaround), Rocket Internet, Casper and Dashlane.
Shipup works with more than 400 brands in Europe and North America, some of which are very successful digitally native brands (Cheerz, Blissim, Withings, Feed., Le Petit Ballon, Respire, Aime, Na-Kd, Ssense, Ysé, A.P.C. …) while others are larger, more traditional accounts (Leclerc, Carrefour, Intermarché, Go Sport, Yves Rocher…).
June 30th 2020: Shipup announces a 6m€ series A in order to open an office in New York and recruit 45 people in the next 12 months.
We’re looking for a freelance data partner who will build our data analysis dashboards to make the right decisions to steer the business.
We believe in ownership and empowerment, so we would like to give you responsibility and autonomy in a secured environment where we will give you the ways to grow.
We work with the best technologies, and choose to use a modern data infrastructure stack based on Airflow/Airbyte, BigQuery, and DBT.
Context : We opened this mission, until we find the right profile in permanent contract.
💻 As a Data @Shipup, you will
You will report to Romain (our Product Director) and work closely with our CTO, technical leaders and other leaders (sales, marketing, CSM, admin…).
Your missions :
- You'll work closely with all the Shipup teams to help us to kick-start their data analysis
- You’ll evangelize a data-driven mindset within Shipup
- You’ll build tools and processes to help teams in their day-to-day data topics
- You'll maintain and improve this infrastructure to keep it reliable and scalable
🙌 Our team
You’ll join a team of fifteen led by Quentin, our CTO & CPO :
Engineering : 9 technical people (1 VP engineering, 2 lead developers/engineering managers, 1 senior front and 5 full-stack/back-end engineers)
Product & Design : 1 product director, 2 product managers and 2 product designers
Your manager : Romain
Your team : Product & Design
You could be a good fit if
- You’ve worked as a data analyst or a data engineer for at least 2 years
- You’ve already participated in a project where you built KPIs to steer the company business or have a similar experience
- You love to deep dive into data to answer the business challenges
- You are comfortable building dashboards for different teams with their own needs
- You’re fluent with Python and SQL
- You have no problem piping data from external sources to a data warehouse
- You know what is a modern data stack (Airbyte, StitchData, Fivetran, BigQuery, Snowflake, Airflow, DBT, Metabase...)
- You pay great attention to details. You’ve shipped prior work that is known for its reliability
- Your work is well-crafted and well-tested for scale
- You have good communication skills and you're curious about what are the problems of others
Our recruitment roadmap remains unchanged due to health conditions. On the opposite, we need more than ever resources to reach our ambitious objectives.
That’s why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates.
Here are the 3 steps of our recruitment process :
-> ☎️ (45min) Screening call with Quentin, our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
-> 📝 (01:00) Homework
To evaluate your hard skills
-> 🤝 (01:30) Technical interview with Romain and Quentin
To evaluate your hard & soft skills and give you more information about our business, product and data challenge
Why should you apply ? 👐
🌍 International: multicultural teams where everyone cares for one another (If you want to read what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! ✨)
💻 High-quality equipment: latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
🧸People-centric company: our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup