At Shipup, our mission is to create a seamless, proactive and branded post-purchase experience for online retailers. 🛍
If you are used to buying online, you probably already went through the experience of losing your nerve for an order that encounters multiple incidents. For online retailers, a poor post-purchase experience is a costly nightmare: it drags down customer satisfaction, online reputation, and repeat purchase rate while inflating the volume of complaints at customer support.
Shipup is a SaaS company that tracks in real-time the orders and deliveries of online retailers in order to create a seamless, branded, and reassuring post-purchase experience (proactive and live notifications, customized tracking pages, customer surveys at delivery…). Thanks to Shipup, ordering online is less stressful. Online shoppers are more satisfied, they complain less and buy again more.
The company has been created at the end of 2016 by Romain, Terence and Quentin : 3 co-founders from HEC Paris and Centrale Paris who used to work for Drivy (acquired by Getaround), Rocket Internet, Casper and Dashlane.
Shipup works with more than 400 brands in Europe and North America, some of which are very successful digitally native brands (Cheerz, Blissim, Withings, Feed., Le Petit Ballon, Respire, Aime, Na-Kd, Ssense, Ysé, A.P.C. …) while others are larger, more traditional accounts (Leclerc, Carrefour, Intermarché, Go Sport, Yves Rocher…).
June 30th 2020: Shipup announces a 6m€ series A in order to open an office in New York and recruit 45 people in the next 12 months.
- ✊ Ownership We choose to be here and to do what we do. We are responsible for our objectives and for the output of our work.
- 💡Initiative Taking action without direction from above to improve our knowledge and come up with solutions to problems. Initiative is a key reason for success, and places an obligation not to stifle it.
- 👨👦 Empowerment We encourage those below us to take action and support them if they make mistakes. We explain what we want accomplished and allow flexibility in how it is accomplished.
🧸Caring Being concerned about our co workers, our customers and the customers of our customers.
🏋️Ambition Always seeing bigger and having a strong desire and determination to succeed.
More than ever, with the impressive growth in e-commerce during the pandemic, we need to onboard new talents 💥. That's where you come in.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), your main mission is to focus on the pre-sales phase: lead generation and qualification (cold call and cold emailing - or rather warm calling ☀️).
This position is an essential stage of the sales cycle, within Shipup but does not include the closing part of the deals which is managed by our Account Executive Team.
- Use our tools to establish lists of targeted prospects.
Conduct your own cold calling and emailing campaigns.
- Work closely with the BDR team and uncover best practices.
Analyze your performance to hone your sales pitch and prospection campaigns.
Align with our Account Executive to understand their needs and adapt your pitch.
- Ability to sell in English and in at least one other European language
You could be a good fit if
- You have at least one first experience as BDR / SDR
Strong phone communication skills - fearlessness in picking up the phone
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have an excellent level of English both written and spoken.
- You are passionate about human contact and you enjoy bringing value to your prospects.
- You are persevering and autonomous
- You have an interest in SaaS and the world of Tech
The hiring process
📞 Pre-qualification call with Angélique, Talent Acquisition Manager (30 min)
🖥 Home assignment
🤚🏻Interview with Caroline, BDR Manager and Amine, VP Sales (1 hour): Questions about the BDR position, role play, etc.
☀️Interview with Caroline et Amine (1 hour): Personality test + motivation
✅ Reference check
Why should you apply ? 👐
💰Attractive salary: salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal vouchers, coffees, transportation, health insurance…), sponsorship, relocation package, internal events and offsites. Competitive salary with a commission plan based on your performance (the number of qualified demos you will be able to book for your AEs 💪)
🌍 International: multicultural teams where everyone cares for one another (If you want to read what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! ✨)
🤩 New renovated office: stylish office located in the heart of Paris (🚉 75010)
🚀 Growth: In 3 years, you will be able to say: “I was there when it was only 40 of us”. Join us at a magical time: Shipup’s been exponentially growing in the past few months.
💻 High-quality equipment: latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
🧸People-centric company: our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup